[Squeakfoundation]Re: Proposal for TWO official releases

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 01:39:20 -0400

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 08:31:03PM +0200, Maarten Maartensz wrote:
> Hello Carl,
>
> At 08:57 19-4-02 -0700, you wrote:

<snip suggestion to accept only documented code>

> I have less than 1/14th of your experience with Smalltalk (but 14 years
> with Prolog, mostly, from which I have drawn a similar lesson about
> documenting and commenting code), but my initial reaction is: This sounds
> like a GREAT idea!

I like it as well.

<snip>

> O, and please do not write Comments on the line of "I (this piece of
> comment on this piece of code) am ... " etc. For this is just categorical
> nonsense: Prose is not animated.

I have no problem with classes commenting on themselves in the first
person.  I think that it encourages you to think in an object-oriented
manner.

<snip>

Joshua