[Squeakfoundation]Re: Proposal for TWO official releases

Jesse Welton squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 16:52:14 -0400 (EDT)

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus wrote:

> One thing about "I am" comments in Smalltalk is that they are
> uniformly applied.  "I am" never means the comment itself; it always
> refers either to the class the comment belongs to, or to a particular
> instance of that class.  Once this is understood, the meaning is
> unambiguous.

No, it's not.  It's still ambiguous as to whether it refers to the
class or an instance of the class.  It can be mildly irritating to
waste a few extra moments deciding which of these is the case.

-Jesse