[Squeakfoundation]3.4 release

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Fri Feb 7 10:06:07 CET 2003

Ian Piumarta <ian.piumarta at inria.fr> wrote:
[SNIP]
> On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, John M McIntosh wrote:
>
> > Ok, good, lets regress the change to the mpeg source, it adds a bit of
> > complexity to the mpeg code that's not really needed.  So I'll attempt
> > to back out the changes tomorrow if I figure out how to do that
> > (pointers are welcome).
>
> I think the thing to do is simply revert the files in your copy [1] and
> then commit them again (incrementing the version).  Leaves the clipping
> and alpha code intact in the repository should you ever want to go back
> and salvage/reinstate it.

Right - and the simplest way to do this is to apply the change "in
revers" to your working copy like this:

cvs update -j 1.1 -j 1.0 thefiletoundo

The above would produce the diff *from* 1.1 *to* 1.0 and apply it to
your workingcopy of the file. Since that file is (if it is properly
updated before) version 1.1 this will have the effect of editing it to
become identical to version 1.0.

If you are paranoid you can of course verify this before committing. :-)