[Squeakfoundation]moving to 3.6beta

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Jul 4 00:32:36 CEST 2003

Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:

> The latest plan was to finally move to 3.6beta today, July 2nd.
>
> I think we are more or less ready featurewise, except that we could
> perhaps add the DecPools stuff which was approved.  (The only reason I
> didn't already incorporate it is that it's a bit of a hassle to convert
> the .sar file to changesets, but it should be doable.  Unless someone
> else wants to do this?)
>
> So, I think I should be able to add the DecPools stuff tomorrow (the
> 3rd), and the small handful of approved items.  Then after that, we can
> move to beta tomorrow, and from then on we'll just add bug fixes.  Does
> this sound reasonable?

Sounds dandy to me.

> Also, Daniel and I talked (on this list) about not opening 3.7alpha
> yet, not until 3.6 moves to gamma, which I think is a good idea to make
> sure 3.6beta actually gets tested.  (3.6gamma will be July 16)

That is a good move. Linus tends to do the same.

> Anyway, I think we have 8 1/2 of the 11 items from the 3.6 plan done,
> so we're not doing too badly.  (Plus DecPools would be an extra item
> not in the original plan.)  It doesn't look like we'll have time to add

I agree. The date was more important than the list and we almost made
the list.

> Diego's look enhancements or Accufonts, but we can put them at the
> beginning of the 3.7 plan to make sure they don't get left out next
> time.

Right. And as always - I *will* get SM1.1 out in july - even though that
still means earliest second half july. I have been totally locked up
with our wedding party, people staying with us since then and tomorrow
morning I am going up north for some fishing and mosquito bites a week.
When I get back I can put some heavy duty hacking onto it and finally
get it done.

> - Doug

Great job guys,

regards Göran