[Squeakfoundation] Fwd: Packages in both the image and SqueakMap ofPackageInfo))

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Jul 9 13:29:22 CEST 2003

Marcus Denker wrote:

>On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 01:13:44AM -0400, Doug Way wrote:
>

>>FYI, if no one objects, I will update the SM packages that are in the
>>image, by adding the latest versions to the update stream.  Only the
>>SMPackageLoader and PackageInfo have newer versions on SM, so these are
>>the only two that will get updated.  The version on SM is still the
>>"master", as described below.  (Seems relatively safe, since there
>>haven't been big changes to either of these and they've been publicly
>>available for awhile.)  This will be the last update of this sort for
>>3.6.
>>

>There's that bug that you need to create the "sm" directory
>by hand. (if not, walkback). This needs to be fixed soon.
>I think Ned posted a fix...

I see Ned has posted a few SM (and SMLoader) related fixes.  These are
tricky... we probably don't want to have these fixed in the image but
not fixed in the corresponding package on SM.  The package on SM should
always be the "master" copy, with the image updated occasionally from
that, otherwise things will get pretty confusing.

Daniel may have already incorporated the SMLoader-related fixes into his
latest versions, I haven't kept track.  But there is no recent version
of SM 1.0x, so we know that any recent SM fixes (such as Ned's
create-the-"sm"-directory fix) are not in any recent version.

If these fixes are important enough for 3.6, perhaps Goran could put out
a simple SqueakMap 1.07 which includes them. (or maybe it would be
SqueakMapBase)  Or if he's extra-busy with SM 1.1 or other things right
now, someone else with the SM password could do it...

- Doug