[Squeakfoundation]KCP & 3.6

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Jun 20 17:00:33 CEST 2003

Yes, I suspect I phrased thing very badly, somewhat assuming that people
already knew my point. Beta is a time for stabilization only. This is
why enhancements and risky fixes might not make it in. While KCP is
definitely stabilizing in the long term, deprecating stuff does create
the short term risk of breaking things, which is not appropriate to
introduce in a beta stage, because in practice it will mean that we end
up with a release that is not appropriate for demos.

Note that my intention is try to get at least part of the outstanding
KCP stuff in while we're still in alpha or early enough beta. Especially
since some of those things actually fix deprecation-related problems...

Regardless, KCP does and will continue to have a relatively easy way to
get into the image (me), at least as long as you continue to do such
great work, and I haven't started the October term. So stop worrying so
much, and continue so that we get in as much stuff as possible in 3.7
:-)

Daniel