[Squeakfoundation]re: TrueType font support and 3.6

Craig Latta craig at tackdotcomontoit.com
Fri Jun 20 13:31:02 CEST 2003

> [TrueTypeTextStyle] works ok, looks beautiful but seems to slow down
> my system quite a bit. We need profiling and improvements to make it
> suitable for default usage - something I think very important.

	It doesn't slow mine down, and it's not rediculously faster than yours
(mine's 500 MHz, yours is 200?)  If profiling reveals this to be
something that only affects, e.g., old RiscOS machines, I'd prefer to
release it and fix the problem later. This is very important. I would
even be happy if we just released it without profiling, since it's fine
on all the Unix, win32, and MacOS machines I've tried it on.

-C

--
Craig Latta
http://netjam.org/resume