[Squeakfoundation]Re: Collecting tests?

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Sun Mar 2 11:33:35 CET 2003

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 08:37:05AM -0800, Simon Michael wrote:
> Hmm, +1, even better. Tests should have a fast track into the image.
> Guides, image stewards, what do you say ? Could [TEST]'s get added to the
> update stream on a weekly basis ?

We want to start breaking Squeak into lots of packages. SUnit 3.1 should
be one of those. And you can't add stuff to the base-image that depends
on a specific package.

So I vote for having all base-image tests in a dedicated package.
This package could have it's own update-stream.

(For the 3.5 release we could tink about a scheme where we have a
"base image" (as much removed as possible) and a "release image"
(An image with most of the functionality as today, but build from
installing packages into the base image).

With such a scheme we could start taking Squeak apart even without
having to wait for SqueakMap supporting dependencies and virtual
packages (aka Distributions).

     Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de