[Squeakfoundation]3.4 press release

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Fri Mar 7 01:19:57 CET 2003

On Thursday, March 6, 2003, at 04:40 PM, Cees de Groot wrote:

 > On March 3rd, Squeak 3.4 was released. This release presents ...

I might change this to March 5th, which was the day that squeak.org was
updated.  I'd consider this more the "official" release date, since
that's the day it was made available on the public website, complete
with bundled VMs, etc.

 > ... and will be successful without the stewardship of corporations
like
 > Apple and Disney, who largely sponsored development so far.

Maybe change the last bit to: "who have largely sponsored its
development so far."

(just a minor change to make the language sound a little more formal)

 > Squeak is a personal multimedia environment aimed at end-users
 > (including children), developers, authors, and teachers. ...

Although I'm guilty of overusing parentheses in my emails, I wonder if
the very first sentence of the official blurb would flow better without
any parentheses.  Maybe something like "Squeak is a personal multimedia
environment aimed at end-users
of all ages, developers, authors, and teachers."

- Doug Way