[Squeakfoundation]Final steps for harvesting

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Tue Mar 25 03:53:04 CET 2003

I think we should go with this process as outlined, without any
additional rules for ENH nor making any specific tags mandatory.

BUT - let all Harvesters note that we need this process to improve. And
people are simply not fooled (for long) by mere statements, they track
implemented policy. The extent to which we prefer simple stuff with
proper tags, and require the tags to mean something, will determine
community participation in the review process.

The only reason to not require reviewers is because a submission is so
simple and well prepared that its goodness is self evident. If you want
to include something because you like the functionality, despite it not
having enough tags or being as simple as it should, avoid the temptation
to "just do it" - instead solicit reviewers on the list.

Daniel