[Squeakfoundation]Incorporating removals & KCP stuff

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed May 7 10:57:27 CEST 2003

Hi Doug and all!

Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 08:19 PM, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
>
> > I say just split the removals. Notify the owners/on squeak-dev, and
> > remove only the packages that can return. We can do the other removals
> > either as people fix the packages or next release. Let's just get it
> > over with, so we can go back to work.
>
> That sounds like a plan... I will just incorporate the 7 removal
> packages that had add-on packages that could be loaded properly, and we
> can do the others as they get fixed.

Great. Perfect.

Question:

You wrote about how to make this into an update since SM isn't in the
vanilla image.
This seems like an interesting problem I haven't really thought about.

When removing stuff from the image using the update stream eventually we
will cut off the branch we are sitting on. Somewhere along the way we
need to adjust how this works.

Tricky.