[SqNOS] Networking is comming to a theater close to you!

Johnathon Meichtry johnathon-dev at meichtry.org
Tue Jul 11 22:20:56 UTC 2006

And a little bit more info...

Looks like using "self buffer unsignedByteAt:" is the way to go for a quick snoop of the buffer.  In the following list bytes 7 to 12 perfectly match the source MAC address.  I used something like "1 to: 256 do: [index | Transcript show: (self buffer unsignedByteAt:index) ; cr.]."

Source MAC: 00-50-56-C0-00-08
Source MAC Decimal: 00-80-86-192-00-08
My Vmware MAC: 00-0C-29-94-F7-61
My Vmware MAC Decimal: 00-12-41-148-247-97

Bit - Value
1  255
2  255
3  255
4  255
5  255
6  255
7  00
8  80
9  86
10 192
11 00
12 08
13 08
14 00
15 169
16 00
17 00
18 238
19 241
20 214

I don't yet know what the other bytes mean although I can see the IP I was pinging from (source IP) at bytes 27-30 and broadcast IP in bytes 31-35.  There are useful bits all the way up to byte 254.

Johnathon