[SqNOS] Question for all

Johnathon Meichtry johnathon-dev at meichtry.org
Thu Jul 13 13:04:48 UTC 2006

Gera,

Wow good question/topic and one of those things where five years from now
we'll look back and say "why-the-heck did Gera choose that!!?!?!"   ;)

I say 1-based semantic is the way to go as I am imagining of some "dreamy &
distant" point in the future the typical user would spend their whole life
within the Squeak world whereas what is used by other platforms would be
irrelevant.  I know, it's a dream but a good one.

Of course I totally agree that 1-based increases the risk of errors in
porting code and docs from other languages but it could be really messy 5
years from now where anything hardware/device/driver related is 0-based and
the rest of Squeak is 1-based.

Johnathon