[SqNOS] Latest news as of 29-Jul-2006

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Sat Jul 29 17:17:20 UTC 2006

As I said, Luciano has put a lot of work into his NetSqueak stuff
lately, and he has something that's working now.

With this I mean that SqueakNOS can now, for example, answer ARP
requests and ICMP requests as before, but can also:

"setup"
Computer current networkingStack: (EthernetStack on: Computer current
defaultNetworkInterface).
Computer current networkingStack internetAddress: (InternetAddress
fromString: '192.168.247.128').
Computer current networkingStack interface up.
tcp := Computer current networkingStack ip tcp.

"listen on 12345"
strm := tcp listenAt: 12345. "now go out and telnet to this port"
strm nextPutAll: 'hola amigo!'; flush.
strm nextAvailable

"connect"
strm := tcp connectTo: (InternetAddress fromString: '192.168.247.1')
port: 80.
strm nextPutAll: 'GET / HTTP/1.0'; cr; cr; flush.
strm nextAvailable

(although "cr" will not work. Not sure, haven't reallt tested much)

-----

    Then, I also found a problem with the .image size SqueakNOS can
handle, and fixed it. So stay tunned for a new .iso release soon.

    gera