[SqNOS] Compiling SqueakNOS on Macos

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Wed Sep 3 14:16:50 UTC 2008

Some news from Methieu Suen, who could rebuild the ISO image without
recompiling, just in case somebody else wants to try it:

Mathieu Suen wrote:
> Cool it work perfectly. I have  copy the SqueakNOS.kernel and the
> image into the iso.template and run:
> mkisofs -J -hide-rr-moved -joliet-long -l -r -b
> boot/grub/stage2_eltorito -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4
> -boot-info-table -o SqueakNOS.iso iso.template
>
> in ./boot
>
> Now I am trying to get the mouse scrolling to work. :)
    Good look there!!! I think there's a mode for the PS/2 mouse that
will just tell it to send the scroller values. You would need to change
the initialization code and then the IRQ handling and mouse event
generation to handle the extra info.

    richie