[SqNOS] NOSifying any Squeak image

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Thu Sep 4 12:35:53 UTC 2008

You'll need FFI installed in the image (Universes -> System -> FFI)

Then open a Monticello browser, add an HTTP repository as:

MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/SqueakNOS'
    user: ''
    password: ''

Then add another:

MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Net'
    user: ''
    password: ''

>From the first one load the last version, it'll complain about some
missing things, like an SDCommand class. Ignore this, it's a missing
poolDictionary, we'll fix it in the near future. Then from the 2nd
repository load the latest version, this is TCP/IP by Luciano
Notarfrancesco, it'll fix the other missing thing.

Open a Transcript, save the image, and reboot.

    We've tested this with a good number of recent images, and it worked.
    We also tested it with etoys.image from the OLPC, and it didn't work
for some reason, quite probably some uninteligence in how we installed FFI.

    enjoy!
    richie