[SqNOS] Monticello update: USB first version sort of coming alive :)

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Sun Sep 14 19:40:48 UTC 2008

Gerardo Richarte wrote:
> When booting for real, this works much better than previous versions,
> but I had not finished testing it, as my laptop has 4 UHCI controllers,
> and I've always been testing in the first (and apparently, that's not
> where I'm plugging my devices).

I just spent some time testing it on the real thing, and it just worked :)
Of the four USB UHCI ports in my Dell M1210, the two sockets on the left
are port1 and 2 of the fourth, i.e.:

usb3 := USBUHCIController
   onPCIEntry: (PCIBusEntry bus: 0 device: 16r1D function: 3)
   computer: Computer current

The upper connector is port1, if you connect something there and then do:

usb3 testGetDeviceDescriptor second stringAt: 1 size: 1000

you'll get the device descriptor for whatever you plugged :)

uhm... change #testGetDeviceDescriptor so it doesn't turn on interrupts
on any descriptor, otherwise your Transcript won't let you do anything :)

    richie