[SqNOS] OFWDeviceNode findDevice: '/memory'

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Wed Sep 24 02:35:14 UTC 2008

As part of interfacing with OpenFirmware we need to access the device
tree, nodes and instances. This is the main interface into OFW's support
for most things.

With help from Mitch Bradley again, the document Luke sent and some
time, I managed to implement a base for OFWDeviceNode.

mem := OFWDeviceNode findDevice: '/memory'

may be working, it answers an instace of OFWDeviceNode with the phandle set

however, if I then try

mem getPropLen: 'size'

to get the size of the property named 'size', SqueakNOS freezes (crashes
probably).

So I think we may actually be running on the memory problem we (Luke)
described in an earlier mail. Or otherwise, some problem derived from
the primitive implementation... uhm, this gives me an idea to test
what's going on... let's see.

    richie