[SqNOS] SqueakNOS boots under VirtualBox on Mac OS X 10.5

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Fri May 29 04:00:24 UTC 2009

Merik Voswinkel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the tips. I'm testing Qemu/Q now, but still no network.
I wonder what are you doing to test the network, how are you testing it?
what tests fail?
> A question from our Morphle team about the name SqueakNOS. Jecel and I
> are publishing papers about SiliconSqueak and the operating system we
> run on top of it. It has (among many other innovations)  a new virtual
> parallel device driver system.
This is very interesting, where can I read more from this? or see it?
screenshots, movies, anything!
> Would you mind if we would call that SqueakNOS 2.0, or is that name
> reserved for the work that you and Luciano did?
well, truly, I think it's not a good idea, unless it's really based on
SqueakNOS, and unless you are going to contribute everything back to
SqueakNOS right away. We'd really have to see it to decide, but until we
do, please, don't call it SqueakNOS or anything similar.

On the other hand, if you implemented a new platform where SqueakNOS can
run, it's just SqueakNOS, not 2.0, we commit it to the source
repository, and that's it.

And then, yes, we are planning a SqueakNOS 2.0 already (and a 3.0 and a
404 too :)

    gera