[SqNOS] SqNOS devel guide

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Wed May 4 14:28:25 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 16 Mar 2011 6:17:34 PM Guido Chari wrote:
> It would be really nice to have squeakNOS ported to ARM. I think there is
> already a port to arm for the SqueakVM. I don't know exactly its status.
See http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6010

I cross-compiled 3.9.8 for an ARM platform (Nokia N900) but calling it a
"port" is a stretch. VM 3.9.8 didn't require any tweaks in the code when using
cross-compilation tools. Most of the port actually deals with higher level
stuff - picking out the relevant plugins, configuring the right key/mouse
combinations and so on. For instance, N900 uses a stylus for input and does
not come with an ALT-key.

Then there are hardware-specific plugins - for camera, gps, light sensors,
accelerators etc. This will be hardest part of the "port".

Subbu