[UI] Old UIs

Gary Chambers gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 24 23:39:27 UTC 2007

There were some nice features then.. "morphing" controls, for instance
(choose what you'd like it to look like and take common attributes... So, a
MenuList can be morphed to a click-list without information loss. Finds a
common superclass between intended and existing to determine the commonality
and fills the gaps with defaults). But that would be in design-time, if you
like, though, being Smalltalk - immediate effect.

OK, the "tools" down the middle replaced your cursor (mouse pointer in
modern parlance) with their icon, indicating a modal action (frowned on
these days, except in "paint" programs, ironically!).

For me, STV for DOS let me play with "colour" graphics easily in an
enviroment where anything goes, just your imagination is the limit...