[UI] UI plan, my thoughts

Douglas Rollwitz colorow at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 25 23:17:08 UTC 2007

Hi;

I also would like a more standard UI development tool,
one that we can use for "normal" UI development.  For
a few years I extended a tool called BobsUI, trying to
get it to that capability.  The more I added to it,
the more I noticed some fundamental problems with the
code however, and decided it needed a big refactoring.
I dropped supporting it due to a lack of time, but I
would like to pick it back up, and have others
participate as well.  It needs a lot of work, but I
also believe it can be a very good tool.

While my goal for BobsUI is for it to be a standard
business UI builder, it looks nothing like a standard
UI builder.  This is because I was trying to improve
on the standard UI builders, and have it fit into the
Squeak paradigm.

I will be creating a BobsUI page on the swiki soon,
which will go over the design and future direction I
would like it to have.  You can download BobsUI from
the Squeak Map.

Because of the work in BobsUI, I have come to the
conclusion that the Moroh-HaloMorph-Halo relationship
needs to be refactored.  I actually did this once a
few years ago, but lost the code in a hard disk crash.
 Currently I am working on recreating this code
enhancement.  I will write another email on that work.

Doug