[UI] State of morphic ... etc,

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 14:09:28 UTC 2007

On 28/08/07, Jerome Peace <peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com> wrote:
> State of morphic
>
> Hi Sig,
>
> I look forward to seeing your enhancements.
>
> The best way to address these issues is to raise a
> flag for each of them in the form of a mantis report.
>
> Keep separate ideas separate and possibly also create
> a mother report for collecting similar ideas together
> under one banner.
>

> The challange with putting complaints on mantis is
> 1) to describe each problem clearly. I usually give a
> simple recipe for running into trouble. And then
> 2 ) to add to the report as you gather more
> information or code to support your view of things.
>
> No one here is tasked with solving other people's
> problems (or good ideas) for free. If you are the
> first one bugged about something. You are probably
> also the first one who will do something about it. No
> matter how long it takes.
>
> Mantis provides the possibilty others will notice and
> support an issue. And it provides patience and
> persistance to get the fixes in front of the release
> teams.
>
> Here are the Faq's:
>
> FAQ: Is this a known issue ? Where is the place to
> report bugs (or check if
> some have already been raised) ?
>
> The best place for this info would be to start a
> Mantis report. (You can get a mantis acct freely and
> easily).
>
> A good place to start is:
>
> http://bugs.squeak.org/my_view_page.php
>
> Mantis provides a patient persistent way to focus on
> an issue.
> I use it to accumulate data on a problem until a
> solution can be found.
> It provides a place to alert the community to a
> problem;
> -accumulate facts and clues from the analysis;
> -publish preposed solutions and get feedback;
> -get solutions harvested and included into the main
> stream.
>
> This FAQ is available at the Squeak wiki site.
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/Mantis%20FAQ%20and%20Tips
> aka:
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5912
> Mantis FAQ and Tips
>

> ***

Well, i agree that problems must be described precisely and also
possible ways how to solve them. But i doubt that someone except me
(or others who look forward to support GL rendering) will support the
changes.
A most 'killer' arguments always be: it works fine now, why do we need
to change anything?
And then: you can keep your changes in your image.

And such position doesn't helps with moving forward for the benefit of all.

You can reread my early notes on all of this.
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2007-April/115907.html
I described most of my problems there :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.