[UI] Widgets ready

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Wed Aug 29 18:34:33 UTC 2007

Gary,

Moniticello seems to have something personal against me (perhaps
because I have never taken the time to figure it out).  That didn't go
well, but loading via the filelist seemed to work fine.

I am getting some DNU walkbacks re #topWindow.  System windows open
prior to the upgrade are often unwilling to close (though the file list
did??) and some things such as sender/implementors in the IDE will not
open.  Zurgle did some similar things IIRC, though I also recall being
able to halo things out of existence there, but am not having luck with
that here.

At least in the basic controls example, I am finding the input focus
follows the mouse cursor, and I thought I read that you had addressed
that (or is there more I need to load or configure?).  For example,
after clicking in the text entry field, the focus gets stolen by simply
mousing over the disabled text entry or various lists and maybe groups.
I _think_  I have the image set to not do that kind of thing, at least
not any more than usual.  Is the behavior expected, or should I grab a
new image?  At least closing extant windows starts going bad in
#promptForCancel and PSUIManager>>confirm:.  In trying to learn about
it, I chose Implementors of... in the debugger and got what appears to
the same basic problem in #modalMorph.

Semi-rhetorical question: how did you get the task bar previews to work
so quickly?  Are they cached, or do you build them on the fly?

I am afraid that I must tear myself away for now.  More later.

Dumb question: one of the things I have long liked in Dolphin is the
ledger color backgrounds in  their editors.  What would be the best
place to make a change that would affect workspaces, code panes of the
browsers and debugger, etc.?  I found #textEditorNormalFillStyleFor:,
but its complexity in the soft theme makes me wonder whether its the
right thing - nothing looks like that would be required to render it??

Let's see, it was 20 minutes ago I was saying I needed to stop fiddling
:)

Thanks!!

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.