[UI] UI Enhancements

Jason Johnson jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 20:02:28 UTC 2007

On 11/1/07, Bill Schwab <BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu> wrote:

> I suspect we should try to separate from morphic in the future, but not
> for a first pass.  Let us know if you think of any problems.

Well, I certainly have my concerns about Morphic [1], but if there was
a way to make it more Smalltalk'ish, then maybe it would be ok.  How
many ways are there to make a view?  I certainly don't want to go the
"generating code" route of nastiness of c# and friends.

How is Interface Builder on Mac?  I read today that it is a GUI
builder with "no peers".  I also read that it does it's work by
letting the user build the GUI then "freezing" objects so that they
are ready on startup....... ;-)

[1]  To me, from the little bit I have gleaned from digging around the
image, it just feels like a bolt on.  It looked like it was really
nice in Self, but more hackish in Smalltalk.