[UI] Streams - a beginning

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tue Nov 27 16:16:14 UTC 2007

Damien,

I am far more interested in compatibility with VW and Dolphin (which
tends to follow VW in such areas) than with strict ANSI compatibility.
In the case of exhaustion, it sure seemed to me that ANSI did not
specify an error - I am convinced that Dolphin and VW have it right.

I will take a long look at Nile.  Thanks!

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tel: (352) 846-1285
FAX: (352) 392-7029

>>> damien.cassou at gmail.com 11/27/2007 9:38 AM >>>
2007/11/27, Bill Schwab <BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu>:
> I have been aware of Flow for some time, but have reasons to avoid
it,
> at least for now.  When I tried it some time ago, Nile did not raise
any
> type of exception on reading off the end of a stream (and AFAIK, I
was
> using its streams vs. Squeak's).  I have since seen that is supposed
> work, so I will take another look.

It still does not raise any exception because this is what ANSI says
IIRC. But I don't really care about ANSI anymore so if you want to
change the behavior of Nile please do and commit to the main
repository. Nile is designed to be easily changeable and extendable.

--
Damien Cassou