[UI] Pinesoft-Widgets-gvc.242 and SystemProgressMorph>>#nextSlotFor:

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sat Oct 20 14:12:24 UTC 2007

Gary,

I've seen you adapted this method, could I have a 2nd opinion regarding
its use.

When #nextSlotFor: finds a slot with nil it puts a SystemProgressBarMorph
into the slot and returns the corresponding index.

When it finds an occupied slot which has nil owner it also returns the
corresponding index.

When all that fails it defaults to return self :(

I have an image in which the sender, #label:min:max:, fails when it
attempts to do

  bar := bars at: slot

because slot := self was returned by #nextSlotFor:.

Do you see a workaround/fix other than returning 0 at the end of
#nextSlotFor:, what could be the reason for #nextSlotFor: to fall through.

Thanks in advance.

/Klaus