[UI] Closing windows

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 15:13:50 UTC 2007

On Fri September 7 2007, Brad Fuller wrote:
> On Fri September 7 2007, Damien Cassou wrote:
> > the effect which appears when a window is close is interesting but too
> > slow. It takes a while when you have a lot of windows to close.
>
> Have you tried these preferences:
> -- windowAnimation when enabled shows an animation of the window frame when
> minimising, maximizing, restoring and closing
> -- noWindowAnimationForClosing overrides the previous setting for closing
> of windows
> -- windowAnimationDelay is the time, in milliseconds, between each frame of
> the animation
> -- windowAnimationSteps is the number of animation steps to take (the frame
> positions are non-linear!).

Although, I just tried these and the followin didn't work for me was:
* noWindowAnimationForClosing

* windowAnimationDelay  - I changed to 1 with no effect

* windowAnimationSteps - changed to 4 and 1 with no effect

The following did work for me:
windowAnimation
worldTaskbarWindowPreview
windowsActiveOnFirstClick

-----
Also, I added this to the wiki page:

- Suggest a preference to turn on/off the taskbar option. showWorldTaskbar
only hides the task bar, it doesn't restore windows to their traditional
position on the desktop (although new windows work)