[UI] ToolBuilder

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Sun Sep 9 05:49:32 UTC 2007

Igor Stasenko schrieb:

> It would be much better to be able to generate a methods source code
> (or compiled methods) which will, when executed, build up and
> initialize widgets you created in visual editor.
> As i remember, in C# (and maybe in Delphi) , all properties which you
> entered during interaction with visual editor translated to source
> code.

IIRC, this was present in the very early Squeak Morphic implementation
but was not completely implemented and fell off by the side later on
when more morphs were added. It would indeed allow to store graphically
constructed UIs in a source code repository, greatly simplifying sharing
of such stuff as long as we don't have object repositories :-)
One other option (if the level of the source code representation is
choosen well): In the presence of a ToolBuilder-like approach which
supports all kinds of widgets, UI code generated in one world (say,
morphic) could be used in another world such as Tweak or some MVC
replacement.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin