[UI] ToolBuilder

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sun Sep 9 15:04:04 UTC 2007

MVP from the ground up, anyone?

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tel: (352) 846-1285
FAX: (352) 392-7029

>>> cputney at wiresong.ca 09/09/07 3:02 AM >>>

On Sep 8, 2007, at 11:56 AM, Matthew Fulmer wrote:

> You called my bluff. I don't have much experience debugging
> Morphic code, but I did spend a few weeks hating the (self
> changed: aSymbol) when debugging some browser code in both MVC
> and Morphic, so my synopsis of Pluggable*Morphs was not
> objective.
>
> Now that I actually look, I don't see more appropriate Morphs
> than the Pluggable ones.
>
> Sorry for the noise.

Well, I've lost some hair to Morphic as well, but I don't think
you're wrong here. If things keep going as they are, OB will
eventually have its own set of Morphic widgets. I'm having to
override more and more of the base Pluggable*Morph behavior, and it's
not hard to imagine a point where it's better to just subclass Morph
directly. So there might not be a more "proper" way, but there
probably *is* a better way.

Colin