[UI] ToolBuilder

Jason Johnson jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 15:53:25 UTC 2007

On 9/9/07, Bill Schwab <BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu> wrote:
> Jason,
>
> I respectfully submit that you are indeed off base :)

I can accept that, I'm by no means an export.  But where am I off
base?  If I can't find that out I can't correct my misconceptions.
What I read in your argument was basically "Morphic is what we have".
That is valid, but if we are considering making the definitive UI for
Squeak I think we need to get off to the right foot, or at least know
what it is.

Your point about wanting a builder is certainly valid, but we can have
that for any View framework we build.  If Morphic isn't a fit lets at
least plan to drop it for something that is.  I appreciate someone put
a lot of work in coming up with Morphic and people have put in effort
bringing it to Squeak, but the point of experimenting is to be able to
say "well, it didn't work".

And I also agree about Tweak.

Oh, and I'm up for doing what I can to build MVP from the ground up.
I think it's the right thing to do.