[UI] ToolBuilder

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Sep 10 22:04:09 UTC 2007

On 10-Sep-07, at 12:19 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> So, why do we speak here about problems which was solved more that
> 20 years ago?

Because *nobody ever finishes anything* damnit. Especially nobody
that has ever worked at PARC...

MVC never got completed. Morphic got hijacked well before it was
ready for primetime, was never adequately cleaned nor documented.
Tweak has some nice ideas but seems to have some real irritations. I
don't know this MVP idea in detail but it doesn't sound very
different to MVC plus some Morphic.

So called 'modern UIs' are mostly examples of poor copies of bad
ideas dating mostly from a long time ago. About the only mainstream
UI that had anything really different about it (thought the graphic
quaility was dreadful) was the OS/2 stuff.

> And why there still no single, consistent a flexible visual framework
> to build UI from morphs?
See above, plus I suppose we should be honest and point out that
there needn't be only a single such tool/facility.

tim
Strange OpCodes: RAI: Randomize Accounting Information