[UI] Squeak's Menus Are Awful

Gary Chambers gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 14 19:28:53 UTC 2007

Sounds fair. There are still a lot of direct users of PopupMenu in the image
(ST-80 based), grim.
Perhaps they should be changed to go via the UIManager and/or theme and use
a MenuMorph.
(even confirm: in the standard MorphicUIManager uses PopupMenu rather than a
MenuMorph).
Then fix/modify MenuMorph to have the behaviour we require (or subclass it
and direct it from the active UIManager).

I could adapt the technique I used for a DropList's list to make surethe
menu gets deleted when a click occurs beyond its bounds.