[UI] Squeak's Menus Are Awful

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sat Sep 15 11:07:20 UTC 2007

Gary, anybody,

DUMB question: I found http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6005, which looks
like a nice boost in getting things to work.  Maybe Monticello will like
me now ;)  Are there any other tricks to this, such as install either by
universe or Monticello, and then apply bleeding edge stuff from Squeak
Source???  Just confessing ignorance in hopes that I will be testing the
correct stuff.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tel: (352) 846-1285
FAX: (352) 392-7029

>>> gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com 09/14/07 5:36 PM >>>
Have changed Utilities #informUserDuring: and #informUser:during: to go
via
UIManager and overridden #informUserDuring: in PSUIManager to redirect
using the SystemProgressMorph do deal with the "popup" cases when
recompiling etc.

Deals with some of the mis-uses of popup-menus. Feedback appreciated
(ToolBuilder-gvc.6 and Widgets-gvc.235 from SqueakSource). Had some
hassles
with Monticello (using Keith's changes...). Hopefully ok now :-)