[UI] Well, shall we do something then?

Jason Johnson jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 17:06:50 UTC 2007

On 9/16/07, Bill Schwab <BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu> wrote:

> I am not sure that we are actually trying to ditch Morphic, so much as
> offer an alternative to it.

With the MVP proposals I don't think we are doing either.  I think
Morphic could be used for the view if we want.

I hope people don't take my questioning of Morphic as an indication
that MVP has to replace it.  I think these are two totally different
issues.

>  Perhaps we can offer a choice between
> Morphic and "The Welch Thing" on a per-use basis.

Personally I see this choice as the power of the MVP model.  We can
create a domain class, a presenter for it and a view (or a few) for
each possible View type (e.g. Tweak, Morphic, OpenGL, Seaside?), which
can be selected automatically depending on user preferences.