[UI] Fwd: Workspace backgrounds - almost there

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sat Sep 29 14:22:37 UTC 2007

I knew I missed a question in my global reply - the corner handles.
They do not particularly bother me (I almost like them actually), but if
they go away, I won't scream about it.  Now that you mention it, you're
right, they are ugly ;)

Gary, something I just noticed is that the soft squeak theme leaves the
[x] button on the left of the title bar.  I _think_ I would move it to
he right.  That said, I gladly defer to you judgement.  BTW, I continue
to be impressed with your work.  For reasons unknown, I switched back to
the Vistary theme and noted that you obviously can move the close
button; at first, I assumed you simply didn't mess with the locations.
I would use the Vistary theme, but I find the buttons difficult to read
due to the lens effect, or more to the point, its location.  Of course,
that is largely a result of what you set out to emulate.  I can envision
writing a hybrid theme that has lens effects near rectangle bounds, but
that can wait.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tel: (352) 846-1285
FAX: (352) 392-7029

>>> asqueaker at gmail.com 09/27/07 10:10 PM >>>
Looks real good Bill!  I especially like highlighting the items in
Lists the same as text highlighted in a text pane; a big improvement
over the red-on-gray list selections of past.

Do you have a mind to ditch the corner handles?  Aren't they ugly?
Not to mention redundant with the changing of the mouse-pointer.  I've
also noticed (in 3.9 images) they creep out of their bounds under
certain circumstances like too small a window-title font, or maybe
square window corners too..