One-day Camp Smalltalk in November?

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Mon Sep 6 21:07:18 UTC 2010

Hi all,

given the success of this past July's Camp Smalltalk, we'd like to
repeat the experience with a smaller-scale Camp Smalltalk on or around
November 20th. The event would be something simpler than the July one,
as in:

- one day event
- (possibly) without registration
- (possibly) no sponsors
- no catering/social events
- just Smalltalk

The idea would be to find a location (possibly a free one) with
tables, electricity and wifi, meet up at a specific time and start
cranking out code.

Tentative locations could be the Barbican centre or the Southbank
centre, or a pub or coffee shop. All these locations have some
shortcomings though - the Barbican or Southbank may be hosting events
that can pull large crowds, and pub/coffee shops may not want to have
us for a whole day unless we buy a decent amount of beer or coffee.
A solution to that would be to reserve a room (either in one of the
centres), but that could make things more complicated, since we would
have to find the money to pay for it.

Any thoughts/suggestions/comments?

        Ciao,

                Giovanni