[Vm-beginners] How to inspect variables while debugging SqueakVM?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 23:40:32 UTC 2010

Hi.sooo...I am debugging all the C code with XCode. I can put breakpoints
inside interp.c and stop there...etc.

Now, for example, I put a breakpoint in somewhere inside the funcition
sqInt lookupMethodInClass(sqInt class) {

and I would like to see for example, which is that class.

Of course, since thats a OOP, in XCode I see a address, a number. And the
same with messageSelector insVar, and the rest.
Now...how you usually debug this?  how can I know the real Smalltalk class
of that address?  and messageSelector?
I guess there should be a way to do this in C/XCode.

Thanks!

mariano