[Vm-beginners] Re: Fwd: Oops - I put a halt in a startup method

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Mon Dec 5 18:30:32 UTC 2011

Sean P. DeNigris wrote

> 2. Manually edit the condition in gcc3x-cointerp.c:

I needed to skip a message send from the VM again, so I updated the
conditional to be more general:
		char* realSelector = GIV(messageSelector) + BaseHeaderSize;
                char* selectorToSkip = "restoreFrom:";
                int selectorLength = lengthOf(messageSelector);
                int sameSize = selectorLength == strlen(selectorToSkip);
                int matches = strncmp(realSelector, selectorToSkip,
selectorLength) == 0;
                if (sameSize && matches)
                    printf("Skipping %s...", selectorToSkip);
                else {

Also at https://gist.github.com/1434683