[Vm-beginners] MicroSqueak's Interpreter

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Jan 9 16:29:01 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 04:21:12PM -0500, Chris Cunnington wrote:

> Any suggestions as to a tight subset for me to explore and compile on my
> Mac using the process described in Adrian's blog would be greatly
> appreciated.

To make a minimal VM from the standard VMMaker package, open a
VMMakerTool and drag the following three items from the left
pane to the center pane ("Internal Plugins"):

	BalloonEnginePlugin
	BitBltSimulation
	FilePlugin

This is the smallest usable configuration. If you expect to use
any networking functions, then you should also include SocketPlugin.

I am not sure if the resulting VM will be usable with MicroSqueak,
because there have been some changes to the special objects array
over the years, so some image/VM compatibility issues are possible.

Dave