[Vm-beginners] Kill current process from gdb?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Jan 11 10:14:13 UTC 2012

On 10.01.2012, at 23:44, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> What (if anything) can I do from a debug VM (via gdb?) to kill the currently
> executing Smalltalk process?

There is no direct support for this.

One idea would be to cause an error exception, which if unhandled should suspend the process.

The easiest way I can think of would be to step until a primitive is called (or place a breakpoint in some primitive you know gets executed), and then fail it ("call primitiveFail()"), then continue.

- Bert -