64-bit VMs

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Apr 4 05:25:43 UTC 2005

OK, it finally built. At least _something_ succeeded today; I was making some
drawers this morning and everything possible went wrong. Clamps didn't,
fixtures weren't, router bits took the wrong route... grr.

I had to add #define HAVE_INTERP_H 1 to my non-generated-by-spawn-of-satan-
autoconf config.h to prevent CodeMist bitching about the #warning lines in
sqMemoryAccess.h But then it was needed anyway I expect.

I had to change the declaration of sourcePtr in
BitBltSimulation>primitiveDisplayString from 'unsigned char *' to 'char *' to
prevent whining about implicit cast of pointer to non-equal pointer in a
byteAt - byteAt expects a char *. 'unsigned char *' is, apparently so vilely
not like a 'char *' that all hell breaks loose, sirens, flashing lights,
threatening emails, the lot. The amusing part is that byteAt actually
explicitly casts the input char * to an unsigned char *... Sigh.

FloatArray didn't compile since primitiveDivFloatArray abuses longAt: and has a
type clash. I really couldn't be bothered with it at this hour.

It loads an image, runs it ok, garbage collects, moves windows etc. Must be
ok.

tim
I must have slipped a disk; my pack hurts.