bug in svnx and rollback of /trunk/platforms/Cross/vm/sq.h needed (1172)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Apr 13 22:01:24 UTC 2005

In message <eb81540cc952c77de4f5dce8dac86200 at inria.fr>
          Ian Piumarta <ian.piumarta at inria.fr> wrote:

> is being checked, and one is deliberate to avoid a bug wherein
> dispatchFunctionPointer cannot be simultaneously declared a macro in
> sq.h and a function from within generated sources (the compiler
> explodes when inlining is disabled).
So let's just drop the no longer needed macro. And yes, anyone using that
edition of sq.h with older generated sources will get bitten - so what. There
should be a pickled set of non-generated files tagged (or branched or whatever)
to be used with the previous release. As we've said before, the intention is to
try to make code stay compatible but no promises.

tim
Oxymorons: Terribly pleased