Pickel versions

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Wed Apr 13 23:11:26 UTC 2005

On Apr 13, 2005, at 3:41 PM, John M McIntosh wrote:

> With this in theory you can create a branch for your vm version by
> copying the main trunk upto the particular
> version number in question to a branch folder.

You probably meant 'tag' rather than 'branch' and 'tags folder' rather
than 'branch folder'.

> Can't say I know what the proper svn cmd would be tho.

Just copy the trunk (at the revision you'd like to immortalise) into a
fresh tag folder (equivalent to 'tagging' a particular revision in CVS)
within the repo itself:

prompt$ svn cp -r <revision-to-immortalise>
http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/svn/squeak/trunk
http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/svn/squeak/tags/platform-major.minor-update

Cheers,
Ian