New VMMaker/svn release

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Dec 28 05:28:40 UTC 2005

Almost in time for Nigelmass (my brother's dirthday is on the 25th)
I've just completed another step in the releasing of the 64bit clean
VM code with the latest SVN level (1282 or thereabouts) and the SM
package VMMaker3.8b5-64 'WillYouStillNeedMe'.

Read the comments attached to the SM package details. You must do
certain things before it will work. Certain things will probably not
work even then. So far it builds, compiles and runs in 32 bit form on
RISC OS and OSX.

You will need to decide upon a way to appropriately define
'VMENDIANNESS' (0 for little, 1 for big) as part of the compile. You
might need to pay some attention to the definition of the
sqFilenameFromString macro.

When we can feel confident that it is ok for a beta release I can
make an  SVN branch to tie to the package.

tim
Computer Science: solving today's problems tomorrow.