Mac 3.8.6b6 posted for testing

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Feb 23 23:10:15 UTC 2005

The new list is
A new VM-dev list is available at:
	vm-dev at discuss.squeakfoundation.org

You subscribe to it by sending an email to:
	vm-dev-subscribe at discuss.squeakfoundation.org

The old list was at

squeak-vmdev at lists.sourceforge.net

Not sure where the archives for that would be, check
lists.sourceforge.net?

So if you do a cmd line operation, say:

svn checkout http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/svn/squeak/trunk

what happens?

I'll further note it could be a permission problem. There is a read
only mirror on squeakfoundation.org

3. CVS (Subversion)

The CVS on SF is already obsolete. The new box has Subversion installed
and is set up to mirror the current master repository at HP every 10
minutes. The mirror is currently readonly and available through WebDav
at:

	http://box1.squeakfoundation.org/svn/mirrors/squeak

One user reported that you may have problems accessing it from behind a
proxy, see http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#proxy. A workaround was
to use Socks5.

On Feb 23, 2005, at 2:59 PM, Craig Latta wrote:

> Hi John--
>
> > We've moved everything to an SVN server
> >
> > http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/svn/squeak/trunk
> >
> > svnx is a mac os-x client
>
> 	Hm, when I try to connect to a repository with that URL, svnx just
> seems to spin. Do I need to make special firewall affordances? Are
> there more detailed instructions somewhere?
>
> 	'Sorry if this has been discussed before, I just joined the new list.
> If someone can point me at a URL for the archives of the new list, I'd
> very much appreciate it.
>

> 	thanks again,
>
> -C
>
> --