[VM][OSPP] bug alert: OSProcess breaks with recent SVN source tree

Tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jun 13 23:49:12 UTC 2005

In message <20050612120808.A7735 at conch.msen.com>
          "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> Note: The right thing to do is to have a global sessionID that can be used
> by any plugin that requires it, which currently is FilePlugin, SocketPlugin,
> and OSProcessPlugin. It probably is also a good idea to make the value
> available through a primitive, similar to the way we obtain system time
> or timezone offset. That would make sessionID available to the image for
> purposes of e.g. identifying unique Squeak sessions on the internet.
I agree strongly. I even have your old code for this sitting around. The issue
is that a plugin expecting the vm to supply session id would have to run with a
vm able to so do. It seems some people mix releases and might get upset by
this. Personally I say to hell with them. Others might disagree.

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim at rowledge.org, http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Terminal glare:  A look that kills...