[VM][OSPP] bug alert: OSProcess breaks with recent SVN source tree

Tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Jun 14 18:03:31 UTC 2005

In message <42AE647F.1000808 at gmx.de>
          Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> > I agree strongly. I even have your old code for this sitting around. The
issue
> > is that a plugin expecting the vm to supply session id would have to run
with a
> > vm able to so do. It seems some people mix releases and might get upset by
> > this. Personally I say to hell with them. Others might disagree.
>
> Backwards compatibility is important but I think we can dodge this one
> easily.
Good point. We're already opening a new VM_PROXY_MINOR level for
fetchLong32ofObject so adding the sessionID doobry will be no problem. At last,
an excuse to add this small but pleasing cleanup!

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim at rowledge.org, http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Strange OpCodes: MBR: Move Bits Randomly