[VM][OSPP] bug alert: OSProcess breaks with recent SVN source tree

Tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jun 20 22:08:10 UTC 2005

In message <42B72DCA.50608 at gmx.de>
          Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> Thanks Tim! This is great!

Thank you, kind sir. Nice to be appreciated.

The next set of changes I'd like to make involve dropping a lot of ancient
stuff - obsolete Numbered/Named primitives, the old io polling junk etc.
Obvioulsy this would remove support for older images but since I see it as a
temporary precursor to finally doing the compiled method changes this doesn't
seem like a problem. With CM changes, drop old crap and 64 bit support I really
think it makes sense to drop backward compat limitations. It is, after all, ten
years now.  Really old images can still run on really old VMs. If anyone
really, truly cares, they could make a simulator version to support old images
enough to clone replacements.

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim at rowledge.org, http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Useful random insult:- Overdue for reincarnation.