Proposal: utf32Code in sqKeyboardEvent

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Mar 19 07:41:12 UTC 2005

Folks,

Since I'm not sure all of you have followed the discussion about scroll
events (which then went into keyboard events) here's my proposal again:
I would like to add a utf32Code field to sqKeyboardEvent which serves
the purpose to provide a UTF-32 value if the VM provides extended input
services (the Mac VM already does; others will surely follow). The
utf32Code field only needs to be filled in for EventKeyChar events
(e.g., neither for EventKeyDown or EventKeyUp since those are used for
reporting keys not characters).

John is already playing with this but I want to make sure there is
general agreement on this issue. Ian, Tim? Any extra comments?

Cheers,
   - Andreas